Network     Dungeon Fighter Source    |    Dragon Nest Source
Home Forums Mods Requests Guides
Welcome to the largest Dragon Nest Modification database, bringing texture and audio mods to Dragon Nest NA & Global.

Go Back   Dragon Nest Modification Community > Modifications > General Discussion

Old 12-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
pwakip

Default Mods no longer work?

So I've just been using two mods, a full korean voice mod and a HP bar mod, both of which were found here. Anyway, I got bored of having no music so today I decided to use a music mod that I used to use, but when I dragged it into the DN folder and launched the game, there was no longer any sound. I dragged the mod out and restarted and it was the same thing. I redownloaded dragon nest, then put the mod back in after it was patched and tried again but THE SAME THING happened! Do music mods still work for you guys?
pwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
Espei

Yes, they seem to be working. Do you happen to be playing SEA?
Espei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
dragonflie
Banned

The KR voice pak has one voice not working, but it works nonetheless for me.
As for you music pak, I don't know, perhaps it's bugged.
Try redownloading those paks.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:21 PM   #4
pwakip

They worked fine before the patch, though. My korean voice mod worked fine until I dragged the music mod in. Anyway I guess I'm going to just not use anymore music mods for the time being...
Old 12-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #5
Espei

Been hearing of some people being unable to use music mods after a certain patch. Not sure if re-installing helps or not though... if you made sure to remove any mods before the update.
Espei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
pwakip

Yep, I had mods removed and then added them after I patched. Like I said, I was only using the Korean voice mod and the rainbow HP bar mod, both of which worked after the patch. However, I got a bit bored of no music (and dislike the original game music) so I tried using a final fantasy music mod I downloaded from these forums. However, once I dragged the pak files into my Dragon Nest folder and launched the application, I didn't have any sound in the game. The HP bar mod works fine, but no voices or fountain noises or music or anything!

And yes, I checked all the sound settings to make sure I didn't have anything unchecked. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, tried installing it into different folders... did a system restore... but nothing worked! Now I have a soundless game. I think when I uninstall the game, it doesn't fully uninstall, because when I reinstall the game and launch it, I find that my controls are exactly as I left them, instead of the 1 - 0 default controls.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm sure someone else has to have had this... I saw a few posts on the main forums when I googled the problem but none of them seemed to really have been answered.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #7
Sunshine

It's currently a mystery why the sound mods are not working properly.

For those who have tried reinstalling the game, the only useful piece of advice I have found about this is to install it to a new directory. So instead of, "C:/Nexon/DragonNest/", try "C:Nexon/DragonNest1". The person who had no sound in his/her confirmed that this works.

In my googling for answers to this problem, the only other person that confirmed his/her sound problem was fixed had his/her sound for the game MUTED in the volume mixer! I hardly think anyone here would make such a mistake, but you might want to check just so you can say that you did.

Oh and I don't know if any of you have Comodo, but mine recently started freaking out on me and preventing programs from working. It wouldn't even let me run DN! I had to uninstall Comodo and completely reinstall another game. It had kept it from installing properly and refused to let me launch its patcher. You might want to check your firewall and see what it has been blocking.

ETA: I do not recommend putting mods into your game if you know you have a problem. Keep them out until the game functions properly without them.

Last edited by Sunshine; 12-05-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #8
pwakip

Yeaah I googled and tried that method but it didn't work for me. I downloaded it in 5 different directories, but things still ended up the same. I even tried a system restore to before but that just made things a bit complicated. I'm still playing DN without any sound and it's kind of sad. HALP!

And no, I don't have Comodo. I don't even know what that is... lol and yes, I have checked my sound settings in Dragon Nest. Like I said, this only happened after I dragged the music mod into my Dragon Nest folder and launched the program.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #9
Naok89

I think I know how to solve this.
I had the similar problem once after one of the sea patches.
Same, the music and voice mods.

Rename your resource number from resource00 to resource01.
I tried-an-error that time and it works for me.

They switched order of resource codes among each other, to make it harder for us to mod.
Naok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #10
pwakip

Which resource are you talking about? The name of the mods or the ones that come with the game in the folder?